For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you by his poverty might become rich.
2 Corinthians 8:9
Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
HOW TO GIVE CHEERFULLY AT PARKWAY
- Sunday Morning Offering
- One-Time Online Gift - Use the "Give Now" form (Scroll down or access it directly here.)
- Recurring Donation** - Use the "Give Now" form and choose the "Make this Gift Recurring" option, or contact your bank to set up a recurring gift.
- App Giving** - Give from the new Church by MinistryOne app.
- Text-to-Give** - Text "GIVE" to (804) 376-8508, or text a keyword and/or an amount. Text "Keyword" to see a full list.
- By Mail - If you are unable to make your donation in person, you can mail your check directly to Parkway Baptist Church, 8508 Beaver Bridge Rd, Moseley, VA 23120.
**Create an account for additional features.
Using the form below, click the "SIGN-IN" tab to set up and log in to your personalized giving account. (Click Here for additional Instructions.) Once your account is set up, you can:
- Set up or manage a recurring gift and payment methods.
- Give by Text or from the new Church by MinistryOne app.
- View your giving history and access your giving statements.
- Save your information for easy event registration.
When giving to a mission project specifically, please note the following: By contributing to a specific project, donors acknowledge that the church has full authority to apply contributions designated for this project to other purposes in the event the project is cancelled or oversubscribed.
We follow the Biblical teaching to give tithes (Malachi 3:10; Deuteronomy 14:22–26) and offerings (Deuteronomy 12:5–6; Luke 21:1–4) to the Lord for the harvest of souls.
The Harvest Tithe is something we give every week. When we give our Harvest Tithe we send laborers to reach the nearest harvest field. When we give the Harvest Tithe we are sending and going to our neighbors in Chesterfield, Powhatan, Richmond, and Amelia. Parkway also tithes ten percent from our Harvest Tithe to the SBC Cooperative Program to support church planting and missionary sending all over the world. We know we are not alone in the harvest.
The Harvest Offerings are the support for the special needs, ministry, and mission of Parkway Baptist Church. The Acts 1:8 Global Missions Offering, Church Planting Seed Offering, Next Space Offering, and Debt Reduction Initiative are all part of the Harvest Offering. When we give to these special offerings and initiatives we are giving to the Harvest. We highlight these offerings at various times through out the year, and we give to these offerings in addition to our Harvest Tithe. These offerings are not in competition with one another, but are all part of the Harvest. The Acts 1:8 Global Missions Offering and Church Planting Seed Offering supports Harvest going, the Next Space Offering supports Harvest equipping and Harvest sending, and Debt Reduction Initiative supports Harvest sending.
HOW DOES THE HARVEST TITHE WORK?
- $10 is given to the Cooperative Program through the Southern Baptist Conservatives of Virginia (SBCV). $4.90 goes to mission work in Virginia (Disaster Relief, State Missionaries, & Church Planting through the SBCV); $5.10 goes to the SBC Cooperative Program—$2.55 goes to the IMB to send missionaries to the nations and $2.55 goes to the NAMB (sends church planters to North America), Seminaries (5), & ERLC (Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission)
- $90 is utilized by Parkway to gather the harvest in Moseley, Chesterfield, & surrounding areas. $7.56 goes to Parkway mission endeavors—MFUGE, Upward, Community Outreaches, various mission projects. $82.44 goes to the operating expenses—the proclamation of God’s Word, children’s & student ministries, collegiate & adult ministries, worship, local missions, CORE ministry training, staffing, facilities, missionary training, etc.
Acts 1:8 offering
The Acts 1:8 Global Missions offering supports all of our missionaries. When we give to the Acts 1:8 offering we send laborers to the furthest harvest fields.
When we reach our $150,000 goal:
- $75,000 supports missionaries with Global Gates and Parkway direct.
- $15,000 supports missionary ministry supplies (Bibles, resources).
- $10,000 supports Vision Virginia State Missions offering & Annie Armstrong Offering.
- $50,000 supports missionaries with IMB through the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering.
We are asking God to help us send 20 missionaries over the next 5 years who will plant churches all over the world and labor to gather God's promised harvest.
ACTS 1:8 Supported Partners:
Nick & Jem Guarino—Philippines
**Aman and Shanti—India
Mike & Jane Nales—Romania
Tim & Amy Wisdom—NOVA
**Colt & Riley Tacket—SE Asia (IMB)
**denotes pseudonym for security purposes
Harvest offerings goals
- Acts 1:8 Global Missions: $150,000 per year for the next 5 years
- Church Planting: $100,000 per year for the next 5 Years
- Next Space: $150,000 per year for the next 5 years
- Debt Retirement: $250,000 per year for the next 5 years